We have heard from our friends at NTS following our last post on the available details of the increasingly awesome sounding Bannockburn 2014 experience. Plans continue to progress, and NTS is working in cooperation with the Standing Council of Scottish Chiefs and the Association of Highland Clans & Societies in Scotland for clan perspective.
Here are just a few additional bits and pieces of information. We will bring you more as they become available:
- NTS continues to work on the make up of the Clan Village. It may end up as a combination of one large and some smaller tents.
- While clans will be able to sell normal clan merchandise, event – specific branded items can only be sold by NTS.
- Parking: In addition to limited parking right on site and shuttle buses from Stirling, nearby parking in fields within walking distance will be available.
- Other clan specific features: Stand by, it remains early enough that NTS is still open to ideas from clans wishing to engage in additional activities.
- 3-D Clan Battle simulation: Details of VIP tickets which include the battle simulation experience over the three days of the event will be confirmed at the end of June. How Clans can exclusively book evening “Fight Knight” (working title) experiences including the battle simulation plus a meal in the new center will also be published at the end of June as well.
In a nutshell, if you have ideas for how Bannockburn 2014 can be made better from a clan perspective, let us know and let NTS know. Of course, wing-nut ideas are fun but have very little chance of incorporation in the plan. Keep it real but do chime in. You can find out more about the Battle of Bannockburn Project here: www.battleofbannockburn.com and answer the Call to Arms to be kept informed on the Re-enactment event.