Heritage should never come to an end.
Heritage, language, places, relics, culture, values, ancestry. They can all pass away in a surprised and exasperated heartbeat. Unfortunately there is no governmental ‘Department of Scottish American Heritage’ that will keep our very special culture and history alive and relevant in this forward looking age.
How can we know that Scottish heritage will be strong and active for our children’s children? For the next thousand years? For ever? Read more …
Come enjoy COSCA’s 6th Clan & Family Caucus Program
on Thursday July 6th , 2017 (9:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
at Lees-McRae College, Evans Auditorium in Banner Elk, NC
- Keynote remarks by Andrew Morrison, Viscount Dunrossil
- Remarks by the Marquis of Huntly, Chief of the House of Gordon
- Report on CASSOC and the upcoming SNALC Conference in Toronto in August, by JoAnn Tuskin, CASSOC Board Member
- Panel discussion on technical assistance available from COSCA for small clan and family associations, and for all member organizations wishing to apply for their tax-exempt status
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Council of Scottish Clans & Associates (COSCA)
Saturday, July 9th, 2017 (1:30 PM – 3:00 PM)
Chieftain’s Tent, Grandfather Mountain Highland Games
- Reports from the officers and committees
- Comments by visiting clan chiefs who are guests at the GMHG
- Elections to the Board of Trustees for At-Large Directors Up in2017
All Individual Members-in-Good Standing of COSCA are eligible to vote on matters properly before the membership at the AGM, as are all Dues-Paying Members of those Clan Societies and Other Scottish Associations which are Organizational Members-in-Good-Standing of COSCA for 2017.