top of page


Burnett Chief James Comyn Amherst Burnett of Leys Launches Restoration Project

Feb 12, 2023

The Loch of Leys Recovery And Restoration Project is currently, the principal project of Burnett Chief, James Comyn Amherst Burnett of Leys. This restoration project is intended to mark the 700th anniversary of the arrival of the Burnetts in 1323. The Crannog, a man-made island, has existed since at least the 13th century and was home to the Burnett family after they first arrived in Deeside in the 14th century before they constructed Crathes Castle.

Learn more here:

bottom of page